Spring Creek Golf Course
Spring Creek, designed by Maurice McCarthy in 1932, was the nation's first public golf course created for players age 17 and younger. Originally called the “Juvenile Golf Club,” the course allowed adolescent players to golf for a fee of $.35 for nine holes when it first opened. In 1969, the name was changed to highlight Spring Creek, the water hazard that winds throughout the course. In 2006, Tom Clark oversaw a course renovation that included three new hole designs, restoration of six existing holes, a tee-through-green irrigation system, turf grass replacement throughout the course, and the addition of 220 playing yards.